Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Express Yourself: Favorite Beverage


The Express Yourself Weekly Meme is hosted by Jackie @ Bouquet of Books and Dani @ Entertaining Interests.

The question for this week is: Coffee, tea, soda . . . what's your fave beverage?

While I am a fan of many beverages, there is one I simply cannot live without.  Coffee. Just coffee.  Though I occasionally sample fancier versions of coffee, my every day go-to is just straight up coffee.  Black.  No adornments.

My love of coffee is so great that I decided to have a little fun with it and write a poem. I penned this poem while drinking coffee, of course.

Coffee

Coffee, oh coffee,
where would I be
without your dark beauty
and aroma to wake me?

Coffee, my coffee,
you course through my veins.
Pungent and powerful,
you result in many stains.

Coffee, precious coffee,
I could never blame you.
When I wear something white,
I haven't thought things through.

Coffee, dear coffee.
Rings left behind on pages.
The writer in me rejoices,
as if they are the work of sages.

Coffee, sweet coffee,
I have one wish that does abide.
That my TARDIS mug truly were
bigger on the inside.

That's all from me!  What is your favorite beverage?


5 comments:

  1. Sorry, would not be my first choice! You can drink my share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart you! That poem is awesome! I, too, love coffee, but with vanilla syrup added. If that isn't available, then I just drink it black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the poem almost as I love my morning coffee! Thanks for writing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your poem! =) Even though I do not like coffee. Like Alex, you can him mine. I'll take a big ol' fountain pop. Diet plz, w/some vanilla thrown in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love coffee too and that poem, is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete