Friday, October 24, 2014

Celebrate the Small Things-October 24, 2014


It's Friday!  Let's Celebrate the Small Things with Viklit!

I love being a co-host for this weekly blogging event.  I also enjoy the company of these other lovely co-hosts:

Diana Wilder
Katie @ TheCyborg Mom
CaffeMaggieato @ mscoffeehouse

This week has been eventful.  I had a short story rejected from a pro-rate magazine. Not necessarily a happy thing, but this is the second time this story has made it to the final round of judging before being rejected.  It must, therefore, have some kind of merit.  At least, I hope so.  Though I was admittedly bummed, I submitted it somewhere else within a couple of hours of receiving the rejection notice.  Either I'm determined or a masochist.  I prefer to think I'm determined.

My son Jude is going on a field trip today to the pumpkin patch.  He's been talking about it all week.  He's also feeling much better this week.  You can't tell at all that he was ill recently, and I'm grateful for that.

There's going to be a lot of pumpkin carving going on this weekend, and I'm looking forward to it!  My hand may be sore by the end, but I love carving pumpkins!  It wouldn't be Halloween without it!

What would you like to celebrate?


8 comments:

  1. Determined, absolutely. If you don't submit it, it will never get published, right?
    Have fun carving pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're determined. And it will find a home.
    Have fun with the pumpkins this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm lining my bathroom with rejections, but I still keep going. The pumpkin patch sounds like fun. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear your son is well. I hate rejection - why? need I answer either? Congratulations are in order for your determination!! I wish I was talented enough to carve a pumpkin - lucky you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear your son is better. I've done my share of pumpkin carving but I think it was always more for my benefit than my children's. Well done on such a postive response to the rejection. Let's think of it as 'redirection'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just keep sending that story out. I'm sure it has merit and will find a home somewhere. Yay for pumpkin patches, carving them, and pumpkin pie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. At one time we had 5 kids around the table carving pumpkins! It was an adventure and so much fun!!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and good luck with your story. Perseverance always pays off!!!

    ReplyDelete