Friday, April 11, 2014

J is for Juvenile

For this little drabble, I felt like doing something silly.  That's why I chose the word "juvenile" in the first place.  I hope you like it!


Juvenile

“Why do you have to act like such a juvenile all the time?” Carrie demanded, her voice rising an octave between the start and finish of her raucous protest.

Chris calmly stood his ground, hands shoved in his pockets, as he studied the results of his brilliant prank.  Teenage girls covered in pinks, reds, blues, and greens surrounded him, all wearing identical looks of fury.

“Hey, you couldn’t decide whether you wanted to make tie-dye shirts or have a water balloon fight.  Thanks to me, you got both.”

Carrie held up a balloon filled with pink dye.  “Your turn.”

16 comments:

  1. That was a lovely drabble. It's good to be juvenile sometimes and let the kid within you take control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one was cute. Being juvenile every once in a while is a good thing I think.

    LittleCely from LittleCely's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it's nice to take a break and be juvenile. Fun A2Z topic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And pink never looks good on a dude...

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Pink soaked bloke - he deserves it :D
    Sophie
    Sophie's Thoughts & Fumbles - A to Z Ghosts
    Fantasy Boys XXX - A to Z Drabblerotic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting--it seems like we've both decided to write flash stories about kids behaving badly today! Fun story, L.G.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL. My wife doesn't understand why I can laugh at the same things that my pre-teen and teen boys laugh at.

    --
    Timothy S. Brannan
    The Other Side, April Blog Challenge: The A to Z of Witches

    ReplyDelete
  8. COL That was funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to have a tie-die water balloon fight! (I may actually suggest this to my mother who is a teacher)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL!! That's great!! I want to have a tie-dye water balloon fight too!! I wonder where my swim goggles are......

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too cute! My juvenile post was done for the letter "L".

    Donna B. McNicol
    A to Z Participant

    ReplyDelete
  12. See, now to me that sounds like a blast! I mean... as long as the dye washes out easily.

    ReplyDelete