Friday, March 7, 2014

Celebrate the Small Things-March 7, 2014


It's Friday!  Let's take a moment to Celebrate the Small Things with VikLit!

I just finished making a batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies.  My boys were hovering over me the entire time, begging to lick the beaters or to lick the bowl.  It brought me back to a time when I was little and I'd watch my mom bake.  There are some good memories there, and it's fun to make more of them with my own kids.  And my husband seems to turn into a kid when I make chocolate chip cookies.  He was just as excited as they were!

My boys created an elaborate train track the other day with their Thomas the Tank Engine Trackmaster set, and they built buildings out of blocks and legos and anything else they could find.  It took over the entire living room, but it was neat to watch them work together to create something so cool.  I have a couple of little architects on my hands.

I'd also like to celebrate the fact that we're having meatloaf for dinner tonight. I've always loved meatloaf, and I have a great recipe for it that seems to make everyone happy.  I just have to make sure I don't mess it up.

Hmmm.  Two of my celebrations were about food.  Oh well.  I can't help it.  Food is an essential part of life, and a good home cooked meal can always put a smile on my face. Provided, of course, I manage to ignore the number of dishes I dirtied in the cooking process.

What would you like to celebrate?


4 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with good food! I'm excited about any part of the cookie process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meatloaf and chocolate chip cookies and cookie dough, yes I would be celebrating too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cookies! OMG! Yum. Meatloaf? Never had it but it doesn't sound appealing to me.

    shahwharton.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should always celebrate food, I know I always do. Life without it would be so boring!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete