Friday, August 23, 2013

Celebrate the Small Things-August 23, 2013


It's Friday, so that means it's time to once again Celebrate the Small Things with VikLit!

Today was a busy day.  My son Jude starts preschool next week, and we had a meeting with his teacher today so she could get to know us.  Jude seemed really excited about the idea of starting school.

I also managed to fix a broken closet door for about the twentieth time.  It's an old sliding door that keeps coming off the tracks.  Once when I was putting it back in place, I dropped it on my toe and had a sore foot for a week.  Today I managed to fix it without injury.  I'm hoping it stays in place for awhile.

Right now I'm relaxing with a hot cup of tea and watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.  That is also something worth celebrating, so I thought I'd mention it here.

What would you like to celebrate?


8 comments:

  1. Fixing the door without injury is worth celebrating!

    Rhonda @Laugh-Quotes
    (visiting from Celebrate bloghop)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to watch Part two with my sister for ages, we watched the rest but keep forgetting to watch this one. We'll get around to it eventually :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your son is excited about school.
    We had a back screen door like that. Finally replaced the whole door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to take in a super fun movie. I think I'm going to do that! Hope your son stays excited about school each year. That's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OUCH. that door sounds like a big pain, not just literally!

    Glad you are getting a moment to relax and enjoy some tea. I finished one cup already but need another.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh. Hopefully no more injuries! Sliding doors, old or not, once broken are a pain in the butt! A good movie is a thing to celebrate too. :)

    (requesting FB likes) Nancy’s Facebook page

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always celebrate a successful home repair job!

    Happy weekly celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tea and a Harry Potter watch! Sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete