Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Abandoned


Today I used a combination of things to inspire a poem.  Awhile back I had an image of an abandoned railroad track that I jotted down in my notebook.  I also drew upon the word MADNESS, which came to me via a random word generator.

Here's the result.  I hope you enjoy it.


Abandoned

An abandoned railroad track,
rusted and overgrown with time,
Image courtesy of Sura Nualpradid
 / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
fades into the mists of some
unknown madness.

Chilled winds swirl and consume
the delicate flesh of humanity.
Warmth ebbs away, leaving only
shivering bone.

This path, once lush and vibrant
echoes with the memories of
long lost dreams that have since
crumbled to dust.

Stories once passed down through
generations with reverence were
replaced with broken phrases of
no consequence.

For who had time to share tales
of wonder and adventure when the
daily need to fulfill demands of
vanity ran high?

The storytellers once lingered,
eager to share, but no one came,
and thus came the final end as
curiosity lay down to die.

3 comments:

  1. It's so cool how a single glance at some part of the landscape (urban or otherwise) can inspire an entire story or poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, loved your poem and I want some pretty artwork on my blog too. Recommendations? So new to all this. Check me out at

    http://mary-anderingcreatively.blogspot.com/2013/03/dare-to-dream-or-dare-to-risk.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it interesting the simple things that spark inspiration?

    ReplyDelete