Saturday, June 23, 2012

Blogspiration 5: Perspectives

Having lived more than two and a half decades on this planet, I can hardly claim to be much of an expert on anything.  At the age of 13, I felt like I knew just about everything.  Now, another 13 years has passed, and I feel like I know only a fraction of what I felt so sure I knew then.

It's all about perspective.  At 13, I was quickly growing up and my body was changing.  I couldn't escape the realization that I was on my way to becoming an adult.  I think that new reality went to my head.  And I think that's something common to most teenagers.  Now, as an adult in the real world, I see other people around me who know things I don't, who have skills I can only dream of.  And watching the news, I see stories about horrors I can scarcely understand.

Seeing this picture on Facebook brought these thoughts to mind.

Taken from Fantasy and Sci-Fi Rocks My World

Having children, I can appreciate the truth of this.  I remember being a child and thinking everything every fight, every accomplishment was a life-altering affair.  Seeing this made me smile.  While differences in perspective can be a potential source of conflict, they can also add to the richness of life.

5 comments:

  1. It's amazing how life does that. Every year I realize I don't know as much as I thought I did the year before and that I don't need to take certain things so seriously. Kids put a lot of things into perspective. How I see life has gotten so much better for having my son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true. So true, I hate it. If only my parents hadn't seen me and my brother's fighting as just kitten play, because it most definitely was NOT. Not for me, anyway.

    Really great post! Right in the feels....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture is great. I was an over-dramatic teenager. I blame immaturity and raging hormones. :)

    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I don't have children, but I remember fighting with my brother as a kid, and, aside from mum thinking it was cute (she wanted to murder us, I'm sure), this is so SO true! Hehe! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha...this basically sums up my relationship with my brother. He can seriously PUNCH ME and my mom will say that it's all love.

    Yeah, mom. Say that to MY BRUISE!

    Love the post!! :)

    ReplyDelete